Hawk Talk is a question and answer forum which allows you to ‘ask the experts’ (Hawks Aloft biologists) about all species of birds, from raptors to songbirds, and all others too.
What was that bird?
- Ever wonder what that bird is that regularly visits your feeder?
- How about that large bird of prey that seems to be nesting in the trees out back?
- Are there any endangered bird species in New Mexico?
- How can I attract goldfinches to my feeders?
Hawks Aloft would like to help you with these and other bird-related questions!
For the best answer:
- Provide detailed description (size, color, markings, beak shape, foot type, song, flight silhouette, etc.)
- A photograph is helpful.
- Tell us where and when you sighted the bird.
- Describe any behaviors you observed.
Before you ask your question, we suggest you check our frequently asked questions to see if your question has been answered before. If you don’t find the answer you are looking for, submit your question through the link below. A Hawks Aloft staff member will get back to you as soon as possible. Keep an eye on the Hawks Aloft blog to see if your question is featured and see what other birders are asking.